The Sims 4 18.104.22.1680 Update is out today, January 17th, 2023! Check below what it brings to our game!
The Sims 4 22.214.171.1240 / 126.96.36.1990 Update - January 17th, 2023
Sul Sul, Simmers!
Happy New Year! We’ve taken care of all kinds of issues in this patch. Thank you all for your patience, and for staying vigilant in your reporting. We have a full year of The Sims 4 ahead of us, and we can’t wait to hear what you think. Happy Simming!The Sims Team
The Sims 4 188.8.131.520 / 184.108.40.2060 Bug Fixes
The Sims 4 - Base Game
- Toddlers were all looking a little too similar to each other. Now, they’ll reflect their parents and account for genetics.
- Sims will no longer break the space-time continuum by moving when the game is paused.
- The Mint Green Belted Cardigan (yfTop_CardiganBelted_SolidGreenMintBlack) no longer makes your Sim look like human spaghetti.
- The Open Blazer (yfTop_BlazerOpenCollarTucked) now covers your Sim’s midriff properly.
- A Juice Party will now count towards Throw 3 parties in the Party Aspiration.
- Objects mounted on walls will no longer be removed when a different wall texture is applied in Build mode.
- The Check for Pen Pal Replies option will now display as intended.
- The Return from Daycare notification will now only appear once.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when entering Live Mode.
- The Promise to Help interaction will now trigger in the appropriate situations.
- It’s now possible to enable the free build cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) while in the Making Money Scenario. This cheat doesn’t even disable Achievements/Trophies on consoles either.
- Removed duplicate Clean up prompts when around two Activity Tables.
- When using the Off the Grid filter, objects will display the proper information about what skill they may impact.
- Disabling Wants & Fears will now function as intended.
- Fixed missing Comfort stats from many Comfort objects and items.
- Fixed Public Bathrooms description information stating they’re for Hygiene instead of Bladder.
- Sims will be able to use public bathroom stalls. No more holding it until you get home!
The Sims 4 - Consoles
- Adjusting the UI Scale from Game Options > Accessibility while in Create a Sim (CAS) should be more responsive so you can see your adjustments without waiting.
- The Show: All Households list in the Manage Households menu can be scrolled meaning you can now see all Households as well.
The Sims 4 - Bust the Dust
- Sniff Sniff Sims will perform the smelling animation the appropriate amount when their environment is dirty. No one likes a dirty litter box!
The Sims 4 - Get to Work
- When your Sim grows up; Alien nose, chin, and eye width will carry over.
- A respectful introduction will now fulfill the Greet Co-workers/Patients task as a part of the Doctor Career.
The Sims 4 - Seasons
- Sims won't freeze to death in the Summer when interacting with sprinklers. Someone must’ve forgotten to turn the air conditioner off… we’ll be sure to hand out blankets next time!
- Sims are now able to properly schedule holidays when they have a teen in the house. Scheduling family trips is already hard enough!
The Sims 4 - Snowy Escape
- Work Withdrawals are now removed when working during their off hours.
The Sims 4 - My Wedding Stories
- Your Sims will no longer talk about planning their wedding ceremony after they are married.
The Sims 4 - Werewolves
- Werewolves are now able to change their fur in CAS mode. Furtastic!
The Sims 4 220.127.116.110 / 18.104.22.1680 Laundry List - January 10th, 2023
Welcome to this month’s Laundry List, where we’re sharing our list of the top community concerns that we’re currently investigating and hoping to resolve in the next patch. This is only a list of upcoming fixes; there are more topics that have been reported by players that are not listed and are still being worked on. This list is reported by players on Answers HQ and helps us continue our work of improving the user experience on a regular basis.
Please note that some topics can be tricky and require an extended investigation on our end, so even though we are actively reviewing, it’s not a guarantee that we’ll have an immediate fix in the upcoming patch.
Here’s the list of the community concerns we’re investigating and aiming to resolve in the game update this month...EA
- Toddlers all look the same/genetics broken
- Sim receives “Wants & Fears“, when the toggle is disabled
- Sim Still Holds Fear of being afraid of the dark after Being Cured
- Sims keep moving after pausing the game
- Workaholic moodlet constantly stuck (Lifestyle active)
- Alien Face changing on age-up
- Belted Cardigan causes Sims to stretch to the side
- Wedding Story Conversation Topics for Married Sims
- Juice Party does not count for the task “Throw 3 parties“ in the Party Aspiration
- Adding/Moving/Deleting Walls and Wall Patterns Removes Objects
- Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty
- Can't Check replies for last postcard
- Sims freeze to death in Summer
- Endless 'Return from Daycare' notifications
- Cannot plan goaled events/holiday on Fri/Sat w. teen in household
- Doctor: 'Greet Co-Worker' not fulfilling (Respectful)
- Sims can't use public bathroom stalls
- Werewolves are unable to modify/paint/change the fur in CAS when they are in Werewolf form
4 thoughts on “The Sims 4 22.214.171.1240 Update – January 17th, 2023”
My game just broke and idk what I did because I didn’t delete any of the game files and it happened after getting a mod which i deleted. It says empty string in the skills thing and the sims won’t load in and I can’t do anything in it. What can I do?
Are all icons green on your Yandex Disk?
Are you using a shortcut or playing directly from the Yandex folder that contains the game?
Can you try the game without any save, mod or CC by renaming your The Sims 4 folder inside Documents to something else, temporarily, to force it to start from scratch, like we always do when things go wrong?
All of my packs are gone
Hi! Sync (until all icons are green as usual) and run the Lab installer again.