You asked for it, you got it (well... at least a couple of pieces)! The Sims 4 Bunk Beds Update 18.104.22.1680 finally brings you bunk beds, updates more curly hairstyles and adds variations to a few decorative objects, bringing more inclusivity to the game! 🌈
Yes, finally! Bunk Beds have been added to The Sims 4. You can now cram twice as many kids, teens, young adults, full grown adults, and elders into their sleeping quarters than ever before. Why share the same horizontal space when you can literally sleep… above? Let this be one more way to show whoever gets the lower bunk that you are superior in every way, including elevation.
They have included a basic style Bunk Bed that matches with the existing Mod Pod Bed from Base Game (illustrated above), as well as a Metal Framed Bunk Bed (below).
They also added a new Relax posture to all beds so your Sims can now relax in bed while doing relaxing things like watching TV, even from the top bunk.
In the catalog, the Loft / Bunk Beds have two ladders. By default, when you place a Bunk Bed against a wall, the extra ladder will be automatically removed. This automatic ladder removal can also be toggled off via the “Auto Bunk Beds” button in the Comfort Sort UI.
The top bunks (like in The Sims 3) allow more control, since you can match them with other beds and pieces of furniture below them (still glitchy sometimes, play around and see what happens 😆). There's also a sprocket icon next to the Top Bed’s color swatch UI. Clicking this sprocket will also turn off the “Auto Bunk Beds” toggle for ladder placement and offer you options to have the ladder on the left, right, or keep 2 ladders. Additionally, you can slot in any existing single bed below the Top Bunk if you want to get a little more creative with your Bunk Bed style (and also desks, couches, toilets...).
For this first iteration of Bunk Beds, placement of other objects beyond single beds will not be officially supported (it works, there's tons of videos showing that already). Those of you who want to experiment can use the MoveObjects cheat!
🤩 Deligracy Review on The Sims 4 Bunk Bed Update 🛌🏻🛌🏻
Fixed Curly / Afro Hair Styles
Updates and improvements to a couple of curly / afro hair styles in Create a Sim. Now cfHair_Puffball and ymHair_ShortAfro look much better, plus now they are both available for adults and children (slideshow below).
New Variations on Paintings for more Inclusiveness
They have taken the following paintings and posters and given them a few more variants to not only provide more choices in customization for your Lots, but also to add diversity in the designs to broaden representation. In addition to adding these variants, they also edited some of the text to reflect these changes. 🌈🥰
They also made some improvements to the visuals of our Sims for Simmers that were affected by improper-looking textures, particularly with Skin Tones in Live Mode for Console players. You should see improvements with how your Sims appear in live mode… This change will also benefit Simmers running Minimum System Requirements on PC/Mac.
On the Gameplay side, some targeted improvements to a selection of Base Game personality Traits to make them more meaningful in gameplay. The idea is to provide these Traits a noticeable improvement so that Simmers can identify the specific Traits with more obvious visual cues and apparent, unique behavior.
The Traits that we have improved are Bookworm, Cheerful, Clumsy, Genius, Gloomy, Glutton, Good, Goofball, Hates Children, Hot-Headed, Jealous, Mean, Neat, Noncommittal, Perfectionist. They also made some Reactionary Trait changes to Slob and Ambitious. They defend this selection captures a proportional set of positive and negative Traits. But wait… there's more! They also made some changes to daily activities, such as Taking a Shower or Eating a Meal, that would allow them to be completed in less time.
The Sims 4 Bunk Beds Update, March 23rd, 2021
PC 22.214.171.1240 - Mac 126.96.36.1990 - Console 1.39
Patch Notes / Bug Fixes
Happy Spring, Simmers! We hope you are well wherever you are in the World.
Today we bring to you a plethora of updates and bug fixes. There is something for everyone, so we hope that you all enjoy these additions.
As always we thank you for your continued support and feedback.
Happy Simming!SimGuruJill and SimGuruRusskii
- Toddlers will now eat the food your Sims have prepared for them. My mom used to say when my siblings and I were children that “this is not a restaurant, you eat what I cook for you all” so yeah… a lot of times I saw my sister stay at the table until she finished all her veggies… her nemesis was spinach. Bet my Mom wishes she had this fix… yup!
- Is your Sim creating puddles as they drink water? We have tweaked and duct-taped every leak your Sims could have so this should no longer occur.
- Auto Solving for Hygiene should no longer queue a drink in the interaction queue. OK.
- Elder, Adults, Young Adults, and Teen Sims can now Play Dolls With Toddlers. Aww, adorable. ^_^
- 21st Birthday Create a Sim assets puTop_EF28TankScallop and puBottom_EF28JeansCuffed are now properly displayed with the Special Birthday icon and tooltip.
- As always this editor and the Localization team made some adjustments and perfected some of the text in-game across all packs and previous updates. #fabuloso
Get to Work
- Scientists Sims can now complete the Transform Some Grass task.
Cats and Dogs
- Kittens will now Age Up when given Age Up Treats. Now, why would you have your kittens age? Who wannnntttsss kittensss to live foreverrrrrrrrrrr? - Oh ooo oh - Who dares to be a kitten foreveeeerrrr?
- Pet Poop is now able to be used properly as a Fertilizer. This means that no, you are not storing Pet Poop forever in your Sims inventory, it will now be used again… as intended.
- Ever heard that saying “it is as useless as plowing the sea?” What? Is that a Venezuelan saying only? Well, those Maids that were mopping puddles while in a thunderstorm? That’s a thing in the past… the immediate past… yes.
- For those who are Polar Bear enthusiasts, we have great news! The Polar Bear Plunge Tradition is now able to be celebrated.
- Global Superstar Sims will no longer get the React with Disgust from other Sims - especially on their wedding… really? This was a thing? <clutches pearls> - Reacting with Disgust will be left for those Celebrity Sims that are not famous and they appear on the Lot - Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
- Fixed an issue with Insect Farms that were displaying Ready to Collect when they actually were not. Hold yer tiny insect horses little guys!
- What? Vertical Gardens are evolving! Fixed an issue in which Vertical Gardens didn’t Evolve when they were both in the Ready to Evolve and Ready to Harvest state.
- The Community Voting Board has been found and reinstated in Build Mode! However Cafés, Restaurants, and Vet Clinics will have to wait for a future update as it will be still missing for these lot types.
- Loving that Off the Grid life but suddenly plumbing is required? Wait, what? Say no more… We have now made it so that eating/drinking Cereal, Milk, Juice, Yogurt, and Water doesn’t require plumbing. Wait, why would Milk - well even Cereal - require plumbing? Is there a Cereal bar plumbing system I don’t know about that is in the game? Wouldn’t that be filled with soggy Cereal? I have questions!
- The best way to keep Cricket Flour is to store it in the refrigerator! Now you can have your flour ready to use extra fresh and crisp (crisp? crunchy?). We have also made it possible to store Beetle Nuggets, Bombardier Beetle Nuggets, and Grub Meal. Buen Provecho!
- Parent Sims, were your Teens misbehaving? You grounded them, but they keep doing mischievous things? We have fixed an issue with Teens misbehaving stealthily while Grounded via the Phone. My parents grounded me in person, but hey, whatever works.
Journey to Batuu
- We fixed an issue in which Batuu alien residents did not have the correct look. However, this fix is not retroactive and will be seen fixed in New Saves.
- Sims can resume Knitting after being interrupted while Knitting.
- The Beginner’s Yarn Basket is now properly tagged under Skill-Building Objects in Sims’ Inventories.
Bust the Dust
- We retrained our adorable yet filthy Dust Bunnies to not appear quite so often. We also made some tweaks to the dust situation and we hope now that it doesn’t accumulate as frequently as it has. What’s your favorite name for your Dust Bunny? Mine is Furthur! (Italian Simmers… hope you know what I’m talking about).