Did you just install The Sims 4 Snowy Escape and/or updated with the latest Patch 184.108.40.2060 and noticed your game suddenly crashing? There's an OFFICIAL solution!
⚠ The Information below is OUTDATED! Click HERE for the NEW PATCH 220.127.116.110 [December SkinTone Update]! ⚠
Hi, Simmers. Following the latest game update, we have noticed an uptick in crashes on PC, Mac, and especially PS4. We are working on resolving the issue as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience. The current ETA is next week. Meanwhile, you can use the workaround below. It means you won’t have any sound, however the game should run without the audio-related crashes.
If you find concise reproducible steps for getting a crash or for audio going away on its own, your input would be very helpful below.
We are sorry about this disruption. Thank you for your help and patience.SimGuruNick
HOW TO DISABLE AUDIO
Adding the -nosound argument on PC and Mac disables audio at a core level to avoid the audio-related crashes for the time being.
- Go to “My Game Library”.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select “Game Properties”.
- Select the “Advanced Launch Options” tab.
- In the “Command line arguments” text field, add -nosound and select “Save”.
- Go to “Library”.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Set Launch Options...” button.
- Add -nosound in the text field and click “OK”.
- You can try adjusting the master volume in the Game Options to be 0%. We have had mixed results with this.
8 thoughts on “The Sims 4 Crashing with November 10 Update 1.68.154”
Hi! It isn’t opening at all now?
Hi! It looks normal here, I also replied to your email with more information. You can reply to me there and also send sreenshots etc 😇
Thank you! I didn’t see this solution until now!
Yay! Did it work?
For me it worked perfectly! No crashes after it.
🤩 Awesome! Thanks a lot for letting us know!
thankfully i never had this issue so far with the update and while playing the game
Most people seem to be ok. Thanks for letting me know your game runs well 😇
So far, how do you like it?